One of the largest cities within Los Angeles, the city of Glendale has a land area of 30.6 square miles and an estimated population of 200,167 as of 2014. This city offers numerous choices for quality dining, shopping, and sightseeing such as the Glendale Galleria, Universal Studios Hollywood, Alex Theatre, the Autry Museum of the American West, and the Dodger Stadium.
The median resident age in Glendale is 40.2 years, slightly older than the California state median resident age. In 2013, around 48.6% of the population were married, 34.9% were never married, 7.6% were divorced, and 1.7% was separated.
When a marriage breaks down, the children, if any, are often caught in the middle of a custody battle where one parent seeks to obtain the right to maintain their children in their homes. Divorcing or separating couples are encouraged to discuss and enter into parenting agreements between themselves. But not all spouses are able to communicate in a positive manner while undergoing a divorce, making it a challenge to come up with an arrangement that is fair not only to each divorcing spouse but more importantly, for the children. A family lawyer with proven experience in child custody cases can provide important legal advice and fight for your rights to maintain or obtain child custody.
Child Custody Factors
When parties are unable to agree with one another on the terms of a mutually acceptable parenting agreement, the family court can issue orders on child custody and parenting time based on factors such as:
- The age and health of the child
- Ability of the parents to care for the child
- Emotional ties between the parents and the child
- History of family violence or substance abuse
- The child’s ties to school, home, and his or her community
It’s important to speak to an experienced family law attorney about your situation before entering into parenting agreements or seeking a court order for child custody. Your lawyer can provide appropriate advice on specific matters that are embodied in a proposed parenting agreement and if necessary, they can fight for your rights and for your child’s best interests in a custody lawsuit.
In Glendale and other cities in Los Angeles, California, the experienced family law attorneys of Lavinsky Law have helped separating and divorcing couples enter into relevant parenting agreements and obtain favorable child custody orders in court. We work very hard to fight for our clients’ rights and their children’s best interests. Call us today at (727) 531-8737 to schedule a consultation with one of our friendly attorneys.
Directions to our Lavinsky Law From Glendale, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 27 mins
- Total Est. Distance: 22.8 mi
- Head south on S Brand Blvd toward W Elk Ave
- Turn right onto W Elk Ave
- Turn right onto S Columbus Ave
- Turn left onto Colorado Blvd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Colorado St Fwy Ext (signs for Interstate 5/Golden State Freeway)
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-5/Sacramento and merge onto I-5 N
- Merge onto I-5 N
- Take exit 144B to merge onto CA-134 W/Ventura Fwy toward Ventura
- Merge onto US-101 N/Ventura Fwy
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 19A to merge onto I-405 S toward Santa Monica
- Take exit 55 for Wilshire Boulevard
- Keep right at the fork to continue on Exit 55C, follow signs for Wilshire Blvd W and merge onto Wilshire Blvd
We are located at:
12121 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 501
Los Angeles, California 90025