Restraining Order Services
- Defense or assertion of Domestic Violence Restraining Orders (temporary and permanent)
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
- Elder or Dependent Abuse Restraining Order
- Criminal Protective Orders
- Restraining Order Enforcement
- Enforcing Out of State Restraining Orders
Whether you’re asserting or defending against a request for restraining order, the process can be emotional and stressful. You need strong advocacy and personal sensitivity during this time. We’ll be right there with you every step of the way.
The following behaviors may be grounds for a restraining orders :
- Verbal, social, and sexual abuse,
- Physical assault or abuse,
- Destroying personal property,
- Annoying phone calls, texts, and e-mails,
- Bullying on social media
- Violent or threatening behavior, even if the accused did not intend to harm the victim.
What can restraining orders do?
A restraining order is a court order that can order the restrained person to:
- Not contact or go near you, your children, other relatives, or others who live with you
- Stay away from your home, work, or your children’s schools,
- Move out of your house (even if you live together)
- Not have a gun
- Follow child support and visitation orders,
- Pay child support,
- Pay spousal or partner support,
- Stay away from any of your pets,
- Pay certain bills,
- Not make any changes to insurance policies,
- Not incur large expenses or do anything significant to affect your or the other person’s property if you are married or domestic partners,
- Release or return certain property.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Staffed 24 hours/day by trained counselors who can provide crisis assistance and information about shelters, legal advocacy, health care centers, and counseling.
If you have questions or would like more information regarding Restraining Orders in
Contact Lavinsky Law Today
Lavinsky Law is located in Los Angeles, California and serves clients in Los Angeles County, including Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Burbank, Culver City, Encino, Glendale, Hermosa Beach, Inglewood, Long Beach, Manhattan Beach, Pasadena, Redondo Beach, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Hollywood, North Hollywood, Norwalk, Pomona, San Fernando, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Torrance, Van Nuys, Westwood, South Bay, and El Segundo, CA.